Public and commercial properties in the Lowcountry have specific insulation needs. And because you want new builds to meet or exceed code requirements and provide comfortable residency for future tenants, you should partner with an experienced, local commercial insulation contractor.
Planning a new-build commercial property in or near the Charleston, SC, area?
Call (888) 907-3090 or contact IBP Charleston to request a free quote.
Understanding Insulation: Commercial New Builds in Charleston, SC
Charleston and Charleston County are in the Central Coastal area of South Carolina, which is Climate Zone 3. Summer heat and humidity can make it difficult to keep commercial buildings comfortable with HVAC alone.
As a commercial contractor construction engineer, you know commercial property insulation is critical to preserving buildings and providing comfortable air. In many of our buildings, comfortable air is necessary for health and safety, especially in properties providing medical or healthcare services.
There are several R-value compliance codes for:
- Metal/metal-framed buildings
- Roof above-deck
- Metal buildings w/R-5 thermal blocks
- Slab-on grade flooring
… and R values must be adjusted to accommodate the type of building materials, square footage, etc. As you plan your new-build commercial project, make sure you hire the insulation contractor that knows the code requirements for your project and its area.
IBP Charleston partners with you to keep construction projects on time and within budget. We know the challenges you must overcome and don’t want insulation to be one of them.
- Government contracts: Government projects often involve energy efficiency requirements, including sustainable materials. We have the high-performance insulation materials these projects require at a competitive cost.
- Industrial properties need low-cost and high-efficiency insulation solutions based on the property’s functionality. While fiberglass is the usual solution, there are different types of fiberglass insulation applications. We’ll help you make the right choice.
- Metal buildings can house products and production for everything from agricultural to nautical, avionics and aeronautical, refrigerated or time-sensitive materials — just about anything. We know how to insulate these properties to keep them energy-efficient and protect clients’ products from heat.
- Retail businesses, multifamily properties and even schools tightly control variable expenses. That includes climate control. Your clients will appreciate efforts to lower their energy costs for greater profits. Proper insulation plays a huge role in the building’s long-term operational costs.
We’re the experienced insulation contractor for your commercial new build:
- Amusement parks
- Art/entertainment venues
- Conference centers
- New homes/neighborhoods
- Office complexes
- Parking garages
- Retail centers
- Transportation stations
- And more
We’re here for you when you need a skilled team to install commercial new construction insulation.
Call 888) 907-3090 or contact IBP Charleston before you bid.
Types of Commercial New Construction Insulation in Charleston, SC
For new commercial construction applications, we prefer these types of insulation:
- Cellulose: The manufacturing and the cellulose itself make it the most energy-efficient insulation. This blown-in insulation is installed with specialized machines that minimize damage to finished surfaces.
- Fiberglass: Tried and true and perfect for steel-framed partitions and similar spaces. Fiberglass insulation comes in two forms:
- Spray foam: Spray foam is insulation, air sealing and a moisture barrier all in one.
The moisture content of our air is enough to cause mold and mildew issues in any building. Be sure to ask about FortiCel, an application that protects your building’s interior and enhances indoor air quality.
FortiCel has a 25-year fully transferable warranty and provides an impenetrable finished surface on dimensional lumber, steel studs, concrete and floor joists. FortiCel’s mold prevention won’t wash off or degrade.
If you’re under pressure to turn around quickly, we’ll do our best to provide accelerated service.
Call (888) 907-3090 or contact IBP Charleston today.