Insulation can last for decades without any major problems, as long as it stays properly protected. But if it is damaged or exposed to things like moisture, mold or pests, it may be a good idea to consider replacing it.
When you need an experienced team to replace the insulation in your Charleston home, talk to our team at IBP Charleston. We provide re-insulation services, retrofit insulation and new insulation installations throughout Charleston and the Lowcountry area.
We feature spray foam insulation, fiberglass, cellulose and more, and our experts can recommend the best material for your application. We offer industry-leading experience and integrity, and we are happy to help with all your residential or commercial insulation needs.
Is your home underinsulated, drafty or uncomfortable? Call IBP Charleston today at (843) 885-1953 or contact us online to learn more about our re-insulation services.
Benefits of Re-Insulating Your Home
If your Charleston home is more than a few decades old, it’s likely that not only is some of the insulation damaged and in need of replacement, but also that it was underinsulated to begin with.
Today, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends that homes in the Charleston area have insulation rated between R-30 and R-60 in the attic, R-25 in the floors, R-19 to R-25 in crawl spaces and R-13 to R-19 in the exterior walls.
By retrofitting your home to modern insulation standards and replacing old, damaged insulation, you can enjoy these great benefits:
- Improved comfort year-round
- Better air quality and humidity control
- Lower heating and cooling costs
- Less load on the HVAC system
- Longer HVAC service life
- Removal of contaminated insulation
Will re-insulation benefit your home? Talk to our experts today by calling (843) 885-1953 or contacting us online.
Does My Home Need Re-Insulating?
Re-insulation may be a good investment for your home and your comfort if any of the following is true:
- Your home is more than 20 or 30 years old
- There is less than 12 inches of attic insulation
- Your home is drafty or hard to keep comfortable
- Temperatures swing from area to area
- Your heating and cooling costs are too high
- The insulation is water-damaged, pest-damaged or moldy
Call (843) 885-1953 today or contact us online to request a re-insulation quote in the Charleston area.
Our Insulation Products
At IBP Charleston, we offer retrofit insulation services for residential and commercial facilities, and we feature high-performance insulation products that include:
- Spray foam insulation: A two-part liquid, spray foam expands as it is mixed and applied, filling voids and adhering tightly to nearby surfaces. Once cured, it offers excellent thermal performance and air sealing.
- Fiberglass batts: Sized for a friction fit between common rafter, joist and wall stud spacings, fiberglass batts are an economical choice with good thermal performance and an optional kraft facing that acts as a vapor barrier.
- Blown-in insulation: Installed with a specialized machine, blown-in cellulose and blown-in fiberglass offer good thermal performance and air sealing, and are an excellent choice for re-insulation. A small opening between each pair of studs, joists or rafters is all that’s needed for installation, with minimal damage and remodeling.
Contact our team today or call (843) 885-1953 to learn more about our insulation products.
Why Choose IBP Charleston for Re-Insulation Services?
At IBP Charleston, we work diligently to make your home or business more comfortable and efficient. We use top-quality insulation materials and combine them with superior workmanship to ensure professional results on every job.
Plus, as part of the Installed Building Products Family of Companies, we have the backing of the second-largest insulation installer in the country.
Call us today at (843) 885-1953 or contact us online to schedule re-insulation services in Charleston or the surrounding communities.