This may be your year for building new or renovating your historic home in Charleston, SC. IBP Charleston is your local insulation company with the experience and knowledge to provide the best insulation solutions for your home in America’s #1 Small City.
IBP Charleston is a member of Installed Building Products, the second-largest insulation provider in the United States. While competitors are waiting on shipments, we have what you need for your home insulation project now.
Because we receive bulk-buying discounts, we can pass our savings on to you! Call (888) 907-3090 or contact IBP Charleston to learn more.
Benefits of Properly Insulating Your Home
R-value numbers measure how insulation manages heat flow; higher numbers are better. However, “more is better” is not always true for insulation.
Home insulation needs some air circulation, so stuffing insulation rolls or batts atop old materials can reduce airflow and increase energy consumption.
Residential insulation lowers heating and cooling costs, which saves money and energy while extending the life span of your HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) system.
Most homes in Charleston County were built before 1940, so there’s a good chance your home insulation needs replacement or retrofitting (adding insulation to improve performance).
Other home insulation benefits include:
- Better temperature/humidity control for greater comfort
- Improved IAQ (indoor air quality)
Call (888) 907-3090 or contact IBP Charleston for information or a free quote.
Types of Insulation for Charleston Homes
Meeting basic code requirements for insulating Charleston County homes isn’t a problem.
What’s new is that homeowners want to far exceed minimal insulation regulations and get the most energy-saving (money-saving) insulation possible.
- Blown insulation is usually fiberglass or cellulose, but we also have a mineral wool blown insulation application. These materials have superior thermal properties and are especially useful where flexibility is needed. Cellulose is made from 80% recycled newspaper and is treated to resist fire and pests. It leaves the smallest carbon footprint.
- Fiberglass insulation has withstood the test of time. It’s the most popular and affordable material, and because it’s made of recycled glass, its strength and durability are superior. New homes are often constructed using fiberglass batts because of their superior performance and lower price.
- FortiCel™ mold prevention is an insulation solutions service we’ve developed to address a specific issue on the East Coast: Moisture-based mold growth in homes. Mold carries health risks, so the best way to manage it is to prevent it. This application carries a 25-year warranty.
- New home insulation: Today’s homeowners are very involved with their new home’s construction. We’ll work with your architects and contractors to deliver the most affordable, energy-saving insulation solution that works with your budget and time frame.
- Re-insulation/retrofitting is only possible in areas without water damage or pest infestations. Damage must be treated before new or replacement insulation is added. We offer several materials, and one or more will be the perfect solution for your Charleston-area home.
- Spray foam insulation is made of a polyurethane liquid and requires special handling. It expands to fill crevices and cracks and is an effective vapor and air barrier for homes.
World-class products. National buying power. Local experience. Call (888) 907-3090 or contact IBP Charleston if you have questions about home insulation.