One of the most important factors in the comfort and efficiency of any home is how well it is insulated. Heat will naturally travel from hot to cool areas, attempting to reach equilibrium. Insulation slows this process. In the winter, a properly insulated home will hold its heat longer, and in the summer, it will keep the heat outside from warming the conditioned air inside.
It is always best to install the proper amount of insulation during the construction phase. At IBP Charleston, we work with builders, architects and contractors to ensure they have the best insulation possible for their residential construction projects.
Our new construction insulation services are available throughout Charleston, SC, and the Lowcountry area. Our company offers top-quality products, professional installations and excellent service on every job.
Need a reliable partner for residential new construction insulation services? Call IBP of Charleston today at (888) 907-3090 or contact us online.
The Benefits of Proper Insulation for Charleston Homes
Insulation is rated by its R-value or resistance to heat flow, with higher numbers indicating better insulation performance. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, homes in the Charleston area should have between R-30 and R-60 in the attic, R-13 to R-21 in exterior walls, R-25 in floors and R-19 to R-25 in crawl spaces. The benefits of insulating to these recommended levels include:
- Reduced heating and cooling costs
- Lower energy consumption
- Improved comfort
- Better temperature and humidity control
- Improved air quality
- Less wear on HVAC equipment
- Longer HVAC service life
To learn more about the benefits of adequate insulation in the Charleston area, call (888) 907-3090 or contact us online.
Types of New Construction Insulation We Install
At IBP Charleston, we sell and install the following types of insulation for residential new construction projects:
- Spray foam insulation: Applied as a liquid, closed-cell spray foam expands to fill all the gaps and voids in a given area, such as a wall cavity or the space between floor joists. This creates highly effective thermal insulation that also serves as an air and vapor barrier.
- Fiberglass insulation: Available as batts or rolls, fiberglass insulation is made from mats of glass fibers with or without a kraft facing that acts as a vapor barrier. It offers excellent thermal performance at a cost-effective price.
- Blown-in insulation: Made from fiberglass or cellulose fibers, blown-in insulation fills gaps and voids, creating an effective thermal barrier with some air-sealing capabilities. Cellulose is made from over 80% recycled newspaper that has been treated to resist fire and pests.
For help choosing the best insulation for your new construction project, call (888) 907-3090 today or contact us online.
Where to Insulate a Home in the Charleston Area
For the best comfort and efficiency, it is important to thoroughly insulate the following areas of a home:
- Exterior walls
- Crawl spaces
Call (888) 907-3090 or contact us online to request a quote for new construction insulation anywhere in Charleston or the Lowcountry.
How to Choose an Insulation Company
If you’re a home builder or building contractor, you know working with local insulation contractors is the preferred choice. But sometimes the local companies have a hard time getting materials quickly and affordably. Or maybe they don’t have the experience your insulation project requires.
Some of the qualities and services your insulation contractor should provide are:
- Experience: Ask for local references and check online reviews.
- Knowledgeable: Your insulation contractor should know about:
- Construction project phases
- Energy consumption
- Energy-saving insulation options and incentives
- How insulation and ventilation work together
- Insulation equipment
- Types of residential/commercial insulation (and what’s best for your project)
- Licensed and insured: Ask for proof of licensing. Request to see copies of liability and workers’ compensation insurance.
- More than one insulation product: One size doesn’t fit all. Your insulation requirements vary according to the area being insulated.
- More than one service vehicle: This sounds silly, but it’s worth noting: If the insulation contractor you scheduled has an incapacitated van or truck, is there a backup or does work stop?
- Online: Your professional insulation company should have a website and internet testimonials/reviews.
- Trained: Are employees properly trained? Before you invest in an insulation company, learn if that company is invested in itself.
You deserve the best insulation contractor in your area. In the Charleston and Lowcountry areas, that’s IBP Charleston.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could work with a local insulation company that has national access to supplies and materials? You can.
Call 843-885-1881 or contact IBP Charleston to learn about the Installed Business Products Family of Companies.
Why Choose IBP Charleston for Insulation Services?
While installing insulation may seem straightforward or easy, it takes a skilled professional to install it properly and provide the best possible performance. Whether you are a builder, contractor or homeowner, you can count on IBP Charleston for top-quality insulation and expert installations in the Charleston area. Our company offers unprecedented honesty, integrity and quality with every visit.
Call us today at (888) 907-3090 or contact us online to schedule insulation services in Charleston, the Lowcountry or the surrounding areas.